Monday, October 18, 2010

Warning: Ranting Ahead

I want to punch my landlord in the face sometimes. Okay maybe not sometimes, all of the time.

I don't consider myself a very difficult person. You let me know what I can or can not do, what the expectations of me are, and most likely, I'll abide by them, even though, and especially when, I think its shit.

But I just need things to be clear. I need to know where I stand at all times.

My landlord is the most scatter-brained, uneloquent, most confusing person ever. He never ever tells me everything I need to know upfront, so when issues arise and I bring them up to him, he questions me like I'm an idiot because HE thinks he already explained things to me. Riiight.

And when things break down, don't work, or something happens in which my roommate and I are dissatisfied, I am usually the one to contact him. And I guess that's led him to believe that I'm "difficult"--as he explained to my roommate, as if I wasn't going to hear about it. He said to her that finding someone to sublet my room shouldn't be a problem because she's so easy to live with, but that if it were opposite (she moving out and him finding someone to live with me), he'd have a hard time because I'm "difficult."

I don't even know where to start.

True, I may have yelled at him/raised my voice at him once, but trust me he deserved it. Basically, he's made my life complete hell for the last 4 months, because he can't be direct. It's so frustrating, and I might have yelled at him because I was fed up (plus other things, like I was talking on the phone with our internet provider and was trying to listen to what they were telling me, and he's in my other ear trying to tell me what to do..ugh!).

Don't even get me started on this subletting process. I don't even want to deal with it anymore because it's stressing me out because, again, I don't know what he wants me to do. I did what he said, and then he's like no no its wrong because you didn't do this this and this, well then buddy, why didn't you TELL ME THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Let me preserve my energy, my time, my sanity!

I just want to get away already. San Diego, come save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment