Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sleepless in Philadelphia

I don't sleep well these nights.

If you keep up on my twitter, you'd know that a certain unwanted guest, whom I have named S.O.B. (short for sonnavahb*tch) that is causing me anxiety at night. I'm paranoid about every little noise I hear-- for a while I was afraid of the rustling of leaves on the sidewalk, and yes, even my own shadow. I'm being tormented. I can't sleep at night because my mind is full of paranoid thoughts, acutely listening for any bit of noise that will send me screaming from my room.

So, much like tonight, I don't get to sleep until 3 or 4 in the morning. One night I didn't sleep until 5:30am. This means I don't wake up until well into the day, and we all know how much I abhor that. Waking up at noon just makes me want to hurt things. I hate wasting days.

You'd think that things would be better now that I literally have traps set up EVERYWHERE in the apartment. But no, not so much, because now its a new kind of paranoia. See, instead of the snap traps, I got the glue kind. I know, not very humane, but ultimately easier clean up. But the thing that makes me nervous is that I'd wake up in the middle of the night (or middle of the day?) and hear it. Or that I'd turn the corner of my apartment as see the unnatural sight of a mouse glued to death.

So I charge my ipod every day so I can play it while I sleep every night.

I'm incredibly annoyed that my life has become like this. It's day 3 and no such luck catching S.O.B. As cruel as this may sound, S.O.B. really needs to go. My sanity and my body can't take much more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment