Tuesday, October 5, 2010

another goodbye

My departure from the city of brotherly love has commenced.

The pieces are slowly falling in place. My roommate has been informed. Although she seems fine with it, I know that this is a situation that she didn't ever want to find herself in, and for that, I feel sorry.

My landlord has been informed. He's listing the apartment and is, at the moment, trying to find someone to sublet from me. Interestingly, he mentioned to my roommate (when I wasn't at home) that it should be relatively easy to find someone to move in with her. However, it would have been difficult to find someone should the situation have been reversed. That is, it would be hard to find someone to live with me, since apparently, I'm a difficult tenant. I'm sorry if I'm losing sleep over the fact that there's rodents running a muck in the place where I sleep and eat, not to mention the fact that the dish washer no longer works, the window in the bathroom is broken, and could we please start using our radiators since it's getting cold? Just because I'm vocal about certain things doesn't mean I'm difficult. What a load of bull. I could turn this into another feminist rant, but I don't want to be angry at the moment so I'll let it slide.

I'm on the brink of buying my plane ticket home. I just need to be sure someone can get me at the airport. October 29 sounds like a lovely day to return to the (sunny) shores of san diego, does it not? My mouth is currently watering at the thought of a california burrito.

Oh, speaking of california burritos-- I didn't know that they were a San Diego thing. I thought california burritos would be Calfornia-wide, but they aren't! I've found this out by talking to several different people from different parts of California. And when I came out here, I caved and visited an establishment called "mexi-cali"--yeah, I loled too-- and they had a "San Diego" Burrito, which was, in reality, what San Diegans call a CA burrito. Interesting, right? Like my roommate, who is from northern california and went to school at UCLA, she's never had a CA burrito. She's only heard of them from people in San Diego. I was shocked at this. Really, couldn't get my head around it.

But where was I?

Oh right, returning to san diego. top 5 things I'm anticipating:
1) good burritos
2) warmer weather
3) MASON love
4) good Boba
5) Pacific Ocean

and I guess all my family/friends out there haha.

top 5 things I'll miss about philadelphia:
1) public transportation
2) chinatown. 80 cents for a egg bun? yumm.
3) experiencing east coast weather
4) cheaper sales tax
5) old buildings in the city

top 5 things I wont miss about philadelphia:
1) the crazy ass mofos that scream all day everyday in the streets
2) not being able to walk around at night by myself
3) the stench of the city
4) the poor selection of produce/seafood
5) the steam vents

I've already started packing. I've got one box all ready to be shipped off. And I'll slowly get things together as the weeks go by. I need to make a list of all the stuff I want to do in philly/east coast before I leave. Another trip to NYC may be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment