Friday, October 15, 2010

the Far East Movement

I mentioned this before, but I'm so in love with Far East Movement's new album, "Free Wired." If more american music was like this, I might actually listen to it more than kpop. So if your music tastes run into to hip hop/ electro pop, then definitely pick this up.

These guys are signed to Lady Gaga's record company, CherryTree, but more importantly, they're doing big thing for the asian american community in the music industry in the US. When do we get to see other asian americans in mainstream music/film/tv? Far East Movement is breaking ground with charting on billboard and itunes and are gaining the attention of audiences. So please support. If only for the music, because its some of the best stuff I've heard in a long time.

I leave you with my favorite song off the Free Wired album (avail. for purchase on itunes):

Far East Movement: Rocketeer

6 comments:

  1. So, they performed at the Robyn concert over the summer...and I didn't know who they were yet. Honestly, they were a little disappointing live. I told my friend they were the "black eyed peas wannabes."

    I do remember this song, however, and thinking it was decent. They just need to work on their stage presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GABE BONDOC represents better for you guys!!

    Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww GABE! yeah. I'd say that Gabe like pre-summer 2009 hands down this would be true. recently, there's been some drama with him, and its just puts him in a bad light. And quite frankly, it taints the music he's been putting out. *sad*

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah his character was put into question/slandered all over the internet (which I know, is shady in itself) by his former(?) friends and even group mates. It was so sad to see. if you follow him on twitter, see his responses to october 2 :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm...well, it goes both ways, I suppose. If I had a problem with a friend, I would NEVER post it on the internet. What kind of friend is that?

    ReplyDelete