Monday, January 12, 2009

Current Obsessions.

- Toradora

(from ojay)

I have to start this post off first with an admission. Maybe the last 2 months or so, I've gotten into watching anime with oj. at first, it started off as something to do to kill time, not to mention that he really likes his anime and wanted to show me. and at first I refused, because, really, anime?!? but eventually I gave in and now I keep up with shows as much a I keep up with the real shows I watch (top chef anyone?). My current anime: Toradora. Taiga, the palmtop tiger, is tiny, underdeveloped, rash, violent, selfish, and obsessive...I love her.

-Here to Stay



Speaking of anime, I love this song from a show thats completely different: "Here to Stay." I found the piano music online and am ever so slowly working my way through it. It's lovely, sort of melancholy and tragic, and haunting enough to tug at heart strings.

-Everyday Minerals
(taken from Sheens)

I saw this posted on sheena's blog. Its like bare minerals but cheaper, and the best part is that you can get a sample kit for free (excluding shipping) that you customize yourself! you pick 3 foundations, a concealer, and a blush. And you can order as many as you want, but only one at a time. I can't wait for this to come in the mail=)

-Feminine Mystique
Every woman, every man should read this book. It's written in the 60s, at the beginning of the second wave feminist movement--even before the movement started--but its still so personal, so relevant, so important for all women and men to understand. I'm not done with it yet (its around 500 pages), but as I turn the pages I find myself nodding, and letting out an occasional hmmmm while my inner voice keeps declaring "thats so true!" Here's how the book opens:

The problem lay buried, unspoken, for many years in the minds of American women. It was a strange stirring, a sense of dissatisfaction, a yearning that women suffered in the middle of the twentieth century in the United States. Each suburban wife struggled with it alone. As she made the beds, shopped for groceries, matched slipcover material, ate peanut butter sandwiches with her children, chauffeured Cub Scouts and Brownies, lay beside her husband at night---she was afraid to ask even of herself the silent question---"is this all?"

I mean, come on. It may be talking about suburban housewives of the mid-twentieth century, but it could very well speak to women today.

Tomorrow is super busy for me, in the morning I get my haircut. This is such a big deal for me because my hair is just so...unmanageable lol. I want something different and new, but I'm super nervous because if it gets screwed up then I am just fcuked. I still don't even know what I'm getting done. I have the haircut if I were brave enough, the haircut that I'm comfortable with, the haircut that's somewhere in the middle. I'll have to talk it over in the AM with the gal who cuts my hair, I trust her tons so we'll see.

After that, I have brunch with my good and dear friend Ashley, whom I have not see in ages. I'm excited to see her and catch up. Then, a birthday at chuck E. cheese! Aren't you jealous? I can already imagine the kids going ballistic!

No comments:

Post a Comment