Thursday, January 15, 2009

Avoid-ism.

it's about a week before school and I guess I'm trying to ignore that fact all together. I still haven't bough school supplies (and i LOVE school supply shopping), I haven't bought my books or parking permit, or new school bag either. The only thing I've done is register for classes, but even now, I'm not even sure what classes I will be taking. I'm scheduled for italian, but since it's been nearly 2 years since I've taken an italian class, much less speak the language (because really, when would I ever get the chance to speak italian?!?), I need to refresh my memory now and crack open those dusty textbooks. but what do I do? my fingers pass right over the spines of my italian books and settle for some jane austen, because I figure it's been a while since I've read some soul-stirring literature. i can almost imagine the horrific look on my face come the first day of school!! (O_O)

I've also been filling my time "exercising" and cooking. oj's been really good at pushing me to get to the gym, and I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much better and we've managed to go several times over the last 2 weeks. I'm finally getting some use out of the membership i pay for each month lol. Also, I'm planning on serving up some breakfast on sunday morning, and so I'm in the midst of setting the menu. here's are a few things I'm thinking about: corned beef hash, blueberry coffeecake, proscuitto and potato fritatta, and a strawberry & watermelon smoothie. or maybe some fresh berries and yogurt, with maybe a touch of the baked granola I'm featuring on the right.

speaking of food, I'm starving. my current food obsession are acai bowls made with soy milk and served with bananas and extra granola. DE-LISH!! =)

1 comment:

  1. acai is so good!!

    I say make the blueberry coffeecake...pastries are my demise :)

    ReplyDelete