Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pairing Up

Romantic love was invented to manipulate women. -Holzer

Something that I've been thinking about (or being forced to think about considering the 14th of February is coming up), is that I'm at the age where all my friends are pairing up. And not just pairing up to date people, but pairing up with their future husbands/wives.
.
.
.
.

Sorry, I started laughing at the ridiculous of that last statement. Not ridiculous because I don't believe in these relationships, but ridiculous considering how far away I am from this scenario. facepalm?

But back to what I was saying. everyone's pairing up. In a few years, these pairs will be shackled together via marriage. But unlike these couples, I will probably be still be single. Let's say, I'm 29 and surrounded by married people. Who's left? Who of the male populace will not be taken? Oh, oh, I know. It's the people who were deemed unworthy of being paired up when they were 25. That's right. It's the socially ill-adjusted, the social outcasts, the guys with major character flaws and baggage. Perfectly single and totally available. Awesome.

So this is what they mean when they say that all the good ones are taken.

Sorry for the pessimistic outlook, but again, the 14th is bringing the best out of me;)

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha! Is this going along with our dating talk from earlier? hehe.

    There will be the sucky guys left. And there will be the guys that chose to wait like us, and not settle.

    We would hope :)

    ReplyDelete