Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful

We are having craaazy rainstorms in socal...and even a tornado advisory? unheard of! I was in the car listening to the radio when I first heard about the tornado warning and immediately thought, "this isn't local radio because we don't get tornadoes in san diego." Little did I know...right?

Anyway, I'm in my room getting some work done, and it's just ridiculous outside! I opened my blinds to take a look outside and instantaneously felt the effects of such an action. My room lost substantial heat, and now I'm huddled under a blanket as I sit at my desk. I haven't seen rain like this in san diego in a while, but its good for us. Not to mention that I loooove this weather, but I hate being in it. That is, driving around in it. If I am at home, or tucked away in a cafe or something, then its allll good =)

Oh! Big news... I finished writing out my thesis today!! yippie!! No, I'm not done by any means, but the longest, hardest, most strenuous part of the process is now OVER. It was amazing because when I turned in my conclusion (a sad, sad 6.5 pages that I am not proud of in any sense), it didn't even hit me that I finished the first full draft until like, 30 mins later haha. Talk about living in the moment, right?

Also, school started today and I am TAing again. History 101. Yesterday all of us who TAed last semester got our student evals back. Now, there really wasn't anything that my student could have said that I didn't already know (in terms of criticism), and I think that I am waay more hard on myself than they know. That being said, I think they were pretty fair, and actually a lot less scathing than I thought they would be. So thanks to my History 100 students=) As for this semester, I'm trying to go at it in a better, more positive way. I think I learned a lot from last semester, so hopefully I can apply it in meaningful ways.

I have a couple top secret projects coming up. More of this later, but suffice it to say that I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks!


Perfect for a stormy day. Love songs, hot tea, shortbread cookies from "London" and Darcy...okay stop being emo ;)

on repeat: Karina's Slow Motion; Falling Slowly

1 comment:

  1. you're so cute michelle :)

    I love this weather too! And it's not fun driving in it cause everyone in san diego becomes a moron in the rain...geez.

    ReplyDelete