Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nothing Tips Like Cows!

I'm at school trying to access my school email account, but its being ridiculous. It keeps making me log in, only to say that I need to log in to access that page. How stupid. Its not the first, nor probably the last, time this has happened, and on top of that, sometimes I don't get emails until waaay later. Like weeks late, sometimes, I  think I don't get all the emails I'm supposed to. I swear, I'm so fed up that I'm about to switch email accounts. I use my school email for all my "serious" stuff--school, work, etc. but I might as well get some use out of that gmail account that I set up and haven't used yet, right? stupid school email.

on another completely random note, a food blog:

- Top Chef: WHAT?!? Fabio went home?? he wa
s one of my favorites! stupid stefan. They should have kicked his obnoxious butt off the show. But, I liked the green shirt he wore, "Nothing Tips Like Cows" haha. Now that Fabio's out, I'm rooting all the way for carla. That girl cracks me up! BA-DAOW!!

-Old Spaghetti Factory, Downtown San Diego: You might remember Old Spaghetti Factory closed down maybe 4-5 years ago, much to my dismay. It was a place that was unpretentious and home-y and just fun bc it was 
in a historic building in the gaslamp. They moved to San Marcos---but how can you be an "old spaghetti factory" in a brand new building? it was a watered down version of what had been. And in the wake of the downtown location was put up "Dussini" that sort of restaurant/bar/lounge place. Well, yesterday I was reading the paper, and apparently Dussini is out and Old Spaghetti Factory is back!! They are slated to open later this month, or sometime in March. I'm so excited!

-Girl Scout Cookies: Get 'em while they're here. Oh, and a new flavor: Dulce de Leche!! 

New for 2009, and inspired by the confections of Latin America, these sweet, indulgent cookies are rich with milk caramel chips and stripes (Taken from www.girlscoutcookies.org/meet_cookies.asp)

-Hash House a Go Go: I know that I've blogged about this place before, but today I went there for lunch instead of breakfast, and everything was so yum! kiwi-watermelon lemonade that looks like a watermelon in a glass? that comes with a hugh slice of watermelon and sugar rimmed glass? mmmm. 
I had the smoked salmon penne pasta and oj had the flank steak sandwich. the sandwich was no joke....literally it was a whole steak inbetween these two big slices of bread with carmelized onions, bleu cheese crumbles--all in all it was something like 6 inches tall! My pasta was extra delish. I think I mentioned this before, but since coming back from Italy I haven't really had pasta, but this penne dish reminded me why I love it so much. Fresh tomatoes, spinach, asparagus, and smoked salmon? yes please!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna have to try the last place you mentioned. Those drinks look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete