Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DOUBLE DOUBLE COMBO!!!

okay let's get back to the important things. I haven't expressed my love for Big Bang on this blog as much as I should have, so let me remedy that right now.

MY BOYS are BACK!

Well, two of them are.

^G-DRAGON

^TOP

This duo from my most favoritest of favorites, Big Bang, are releasing their new album titled "HIGH HIGH" and I for one, am giddy with excitement.

I know many of you will make faces at their very strange outfits and hairstyles. Yes, they look crazy ridiculous, but it's part of their appeal. I know that sounds so weird, but in a cookie cutter generic world of kpop, where everyone looks and sounds the same, G-Dragon & TOP forge their own path both musically and fashion wise. Plus, they're craazy talented and swaggerlicious.

Their performance at the recent MAMA awards (along with taeyang):


Yesterday they had the world premiere/ listening party for their HIGH HIGH album live streamed on youtube. OMG the wonders of technology. If this had been available when I loved NSYNC, then it would have been a completely different sort of stalking... I mean, well, whatever.
Anyway, they release teasers/previews of some of the songs off their new album, and now I will dispense a few of my favorites.

HIGH HIGH Tracks

INTRO - The best intro I've heard in kpop in like 2 years. This should have been made into a full song.

OH YEAR - This song features my favorite kpop voice, Park Bom, of 2NE1. She and G-Dragon & TOP have made songs before in the past and I love this throwback to their beginnings. Plus I think Bom's voice sounds so interesting contrasted with G-Dragon & especially TOP's raspy voice.

DONT GO HOME - I had heard bits of this song before and it remains one of my favorites on the album.

If you are curious, adventurous, or a glutton for punishment, you can check the rest of the teasers here.

2 comments: