Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

remember what I said about when I am too happy I ignore my blog? well, you can only imagine how much fun I'm having if I haven't updated in like a week.

I promise a better post in a later time, but for now I just want ring in on something.

A lot of people have been talking to me, concerned, about whether going to South Korea right now is a good idea or not. I am really grateful for all the concern but I let me just say that it is a fallacy that is true of Westerners, and particularly of Americans, to think that the rest of the world is unsafe when really, me being & living in the USA is not any MORE safe than being any where else in the world.

I am not trying to belittle the conflict going on between the two Koreas in any way, nor am I blatantly trying to disregard my personal safety, but ultimately, if and when I get accepted to go to S. Korea... I'm going. period.

2 comments: