Monday, August 9, 2010

A hairy situation

so I was long overdue for a haircut. Today I finally went. what's awesome is nearby is an Aveda Institute--a school for hair, make up, facial, massage, etc. So you can get a bunch of services for really cheap, and once you are there, they also do extra stuff (e.g. scalp massage/hand massage) for free. It takes a bit longer than at a normal salon, but they are really thorough. Everything gets checked by a supervisor at the beginning, middle, and end, so as to ensure you get what you asked for and to make sure you don't end up looking wack.

I got a wash, cut, and blow dry for a grand total of $16!!

I had been debating between 2 haircuts for a while now--pretty much the question of what to do with my bangs. And while I wanted to do this cut:



My bangs hadn't grown out long enough, and to be honest, I was getting irritated by my side bangs, thus I went to the usual:



nothing fancy, and probably shorter than I've had it in a looong time, but that's a good thing in this heat!

2 comments:

  1. $16! Ahhh! So nice!! I LOVE haircuts and I need one soon...snip snip snip...love that sound :)

    ReplyDelete