Saturday, July 10, 2010

just a few notes

while I'm scrambling to study for my test on Monday.

1) I really failed at Greek this week-- translation isn't so bad, but my quiz scores have put me in the C range. I suspect I'll need to take advantage of extra credit assignments because I need to, not because I want to :(

2) Getting caught in summer rain in philly is something else. something quite nice actually. No need to bundle up--I was walking around in a skirt and cardigan-- because its still quite warm out, just rainy. Oh, and everyone was still wearing sandals/flipflops. I kind of felt stupid with my orange rainboots on. But, because of that fall this past summer(?) I'm a bit afraid to run around a city while its raining and I'm wearing flipflops. I don't need another head injury, thanks.

3) My boxes finally arrived yesterday! I was so incredibly happy that I finally got my stuff in (or, at least, partially). I think my happiness was largely due to the fact that a) I wouldn't have to kill anyone from USPS and b) all my shoes lined up on my shelves looked pretty, or reassuring, or something like that.

4) Tomorrow is the world cup final!! So excited you can't imagine. Going to see the match at some sports bar (my treat for being good this weekend, but really, I didn't have anywhere in particular to go or anyone in particular to see haha).

5) There's a farmers market open so close to where I live, its great!

Okay, back to studying.

1 comment: