Monday, July 12, 2010

Doozy

It is pouring outside right now.

The thing is, here, because its so effing humid, the moisture in the air condenses into storm clouds, and then it starts raining. And its a perfect summer shower.

It's so odd, because that definitely doesn't happen (or doesn't happen a lot) back at home.

I'm studying in this 80 degree rainy weather, but I'm trying to pretend its something like 50 degrees by drinking some hot tea and slow-jamming it. Makes me want a lover, or something to love.

Other things today: I am at a straight B. Must do better. ugh.

After that fail of a test today, I decided to take a walk. I walked myself some 25 city blocks just to get to a k-mart! well, not just to go there, because I did want to explore more of the city and to get onto the other side of the river, and going to k-mart gave me a destination. While it was good to get out and explore, I'm not gonna lie, there was definitely a time when the area became shady and I got scared because I was by myself.

Later, I took the subway home--and how excited am I to have a subway?!? although I don't think I'll ever get over the initial smell of a subway--you know it when you smell it--the cars themselves were quite clean (cf. european metros/underground).

Oh yes, and the biggest thing that has happened is that my team won the world cup!! Viva La Furia Roja!

So proud, so happy, so history in the making!

I'm sad that Torres had such a disappointing tournament, but on the other hand, how hot is Jesus Navas?
Must watch more spanish futbol.


Currently listening: Taeyang, "I need a girl"

Baby I need you, boy you need me too.

2 comments:

  1. torres sucks...."el niƱo"

    but you're right- 22 is beautiful- que ojos, por dios!

    i like the other fernando too (:
    and villa- but mostly for his foot

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YES...I def. noticed that hot spanish soccer player while watching the world cup. I need to go to Spain now ;)

    ReplyDelete