Sunday, March 7, 2010

does anyone else...

find these shirts revolting??





because I find them to be stupid and offensive. Why does that need to be advertised on your chest?! no one cares if you are in a relationship, and it shouldn't matter to anyone else except your boyfriend whether or not you love him. And, if you did love him, as you so claim, then you don't need to advertise that to the world. get over yourself.

and moreover, why does this message come in a VARIETY of shirts?

thinking about it more, this just perpetuates proper and expected behavior for girls. That they should be in a relationship--its something they should strive for-- and that all relationship are loving and that they should keep that in mind, even if, and especially when, their boyfriends dont reciprocate their kind of love. That is, messages like this make girls stay in relationships that they shouldn't, they force girls to make excuses for the bad behavior of their boyfriends, and even enable bad boyfriends.

Think about it, you would never see a "I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND" shirt for guys.

They should make, "I SOMETIMES DONT LOVE MY BOYFRIEND" or "I HATE MY BOYFRIEND" or "I WANT TO BE SINGLE" shirts. That's real talk.

I should make my own shirts. They would say, "I LOVE BEING SINGLE AND DONT NEED TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP TO FEEL VALIDATED ABOUT MYSELF."

I think they would be a hit. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I would wear the last shirt you mentioned :) hehe.

    Yeah, those shirts are a bit much, and especially trying too much. All I can really see when I read those shirts is DESPERATE.

    ReplyDelete