Sunday, July 19, 2009

In the Kitchen...

I love that summer affords many an opportunity for cook-outs, outdoor get-togethers, BBQs, picnics, bonfires, wine-and-cheese nights, and of course, friendly dinners. It's always a time for friends and food, and also gives me an opportunity to get in the kitchen and make something. A lot of the time the things I want to make don't do well for travel, so my family/people at my house get to suffer through my cooking. Maybe I should host more dinner parties at home to overcome this issue--but then, my family is pretty crazy and I wouldn't want to willingly bring them upon anyone.

Anway, this is just a post featuring stuff I've made over this past week, and not much else.


proscuitto wrapped melon. I don't eat any pork save proscuitto.

Honey and soy glazed salmon.

Rice krispie treats!! [attempt #2 = success =) ]
tonights dinner: boiled sprimp& roasted asparagus.

lemon garnish #2--hey I'm not that creative.

not pictured: baked granola <3

3 comments:

  1. YUM.looks yummy and healthy (for the most part). how did that salmon turn out? how did you do the soy+honey? soy sauce?

    hey melon+ham is really popular in spain.... did you know that?

    ReplyDelete