Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happiness is in the Doing.

or so they say.

I've been toying with the notion of happiness of a while now, and although I have nothing profound to share as a result of my ponderings, I think it is always a good thing to re-evaluate yourself and what happy means to you in the moment.

This was all brought up because not to recently I noticed that maybe I wasn't as happy, wasn't as satisfied, with myself or the way in which things were going in my life. And it was an odd realization because I had previously known myself to be perfectly content with me, my projects, and my everyday life. So where had I gone wrong? How long had I been living in discontent? How had I let this happen, after working to get to such a good place? More importantly, how do I get back? I must get back, and yet, I was utterly confused.

So what did I do? I've been trying to fill my life with the things that bring me the most peace, the most joy, although I must admit that I relapse into non-happy behaviour more than I like. I took a short trip to Seattle, bought books, watched movies, read jane, and cooked my heart out. Its still a process--I am nowhere near gratified in my existence. I need to read more, go to church more, write more, visit with friends more, laugh a lot more, and maybe even cry even more than that.

I need to be grounded and keep myself centered and focused. I need to shake off these clouds and feel the moments that exist between the people that care about me, the infinity of the causes which I support and the goals I want to acheive, the importance of the work that I do now, and the hope that exists in the necessity of my dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it is inevitable that we reach periods in our life where we are not at our happiest.

    But I like how you've always been able to appreciate the details in life. :)

    You'll get to a happier place again, michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it! i know you can!! you have more determination than anyone i've ever known (: and besides, we can help with friends and laughs :D come out and play

    ReplyDelete