Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Drive-by Post! vrooom...

"Men have had every advantage of us in telling their own story. Education has been theirs in so much higher a degree; the pen has been in their hands. I will not allow books to prove anything." -Jane Austen, Persuasion.

Dear Jane. She was a feminist before feminism. Just another reason why I adore her. <3

Today I made a fantastic lunch completely on the fly (if I do say so myself): boiled shrimp with herbs and lemon, sauteed spinach and mushrooms and brown rice. I only wish I had taken a picture of it. I was pretty darn proud of myself! haha

sooo I didn't end up taking the art class. for many reasons which I don't entirely feel like explaining at the moment, its just not a good time. But let me just say, when I was in the art supplies aisle picking out the materials needed for the class, my heart was all aflutter. So definitely soon, just not yet.

Yesterday, after a disaster of a morning in which I didn't go to that art class, I ended up spending the morning at balboa park reading in front of zanadoo (sp?) and sipping on some mexican hot chocolate. After I was interrupted by a photo class as they scrambled to take pics for their assignments, I decided to walk the 13+ blocks up to flashbacks in hillcrest (I didn't have change for the meters and one of the things I enjoy is the free parking at balboa :) ). I bought a dress, a cardigan and a belt for $40 (not bad considering the cardigan itself would have been that price from urban outfitters), then ate lunch at sushi deli, and proceeded to get my hair cut. Shopping, lunch, and a haircut for under $100 bucks? Not too bad!

There is also a chance that I may be spending new years in London. This is a biggg maybe, but its still something worth dreaming about--especially those side trips to see all things Jane and Darcy!!!

on a side note, I really need to quit watching the reruns of the MJ memorial. sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment