Thursday, June 25, 2009

Finger Lickin' Goooooooood



Yesterday I finally got to go to the Del Mar Fair (yeah yeah yeah I know it's now "san diego county fair" or whatever) and get my eating on! I had been waiting for this day for weeks now, and had fully prepared my stomach for all the delicious, the decadent, the fatty, the fried, the greasy, and the scrumptious food to be had.



chocolate funnel cake. a MUST.
(L) fried smores, (R) fried twinkie---smores was much much better :)

Needless to say that even I, who had scoured the booths for delectables,  drafted an eating plan of attack, and even spaced out most of my eating, was feeling the stomach pangs of remorse. One thing on my list that I didn't get to eat were those deep friend frog legs--although the mac and cheese on a stick would have been nice too I think lol. 

However, just to make myself feel better about not going to the fair simply to stuff my face, I also include a trip on the Ferris Wheel whenever I go---actually, I really do enjoy the ferris wheel so it takes no effort on my part to shell out the big bucks for tickets to ride on the big wheel, there's something about it thats is special to me. 



views from the top. One the right, the fair....

and on the left, beautiful coastline of Del Mar. It was a lovely day.

1 comment:

  1. I went on the ferris wheel too. I was terrified, but it's tradition!

    It totally will ALWAYS be the Del Mar Fair. None of this SD County Fair business!

    ReplyDelete