Tuesday, April 7, 2009

In a Waiting Room

I am waiting on a letter that never seems to get here. I want it to be filled with good news, but I am, as always, carefully guarded and doubtful. Whats with this letter you ask? Its contents will determine the course of my summer plans, and whether I stick around san diego taking another 8 weeks of summer school... or not. As it is, I cant do a thing until this letter arrives, which is supposed to get here by april 15th. I shouldnt be surprised that I havent received it yet, as I'll probably get it the morning of the 15th. I know that I'm not going into very much detail at the moment, but I don't like saying things aloud for fear of getting my hopes up and being disappointed later on. In the meantime, I'm just waiting.

I absolutely love the travel channel show, Dhani Tackles the Globe--on on mondays @ 9pm. Basically Dhani, an american football player, travels to different countries to play the sports/games of that country. Theres only been a few episodes so far (switzerland, england, singapore), but Dhani is my new crush. He's funny and charismatic and even has is own line of bow-ties. I mean, come on, he's practically begging me to stalk him. I just smile and smile when I watch him. Of course, this only means that I have been bitten by the travel bug again, and really want to go to south east asia, even being as poor as I am. I don't even know when I could go because my future is so uncertain. grad school? work? community college? san diego? san francisco? chicago? seattle? So again, I have to wait. 

Playing this waiting game sucks, because life is too short to watch opportunities go by! I have to admit that at the moment I am being brutally forced to make choices about my future that are uncomfortable but necessary. I'm so tired of being in one place, of doing the same thing, day in and day out. I need a change, quickly, but I fear that wont happen for a while yet. unfortunately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment