Monday, April 21, 2008

today is the same as yesterday...

I just found out I owe $24 in library fines. eek. and thats only my school library. I also owe a hefty amount at the public library. double eek. I really wish I were better about returning books. I could save so much money that way... sigh.

I'm in the library waiting for my class to begin @ 11. Its a relatively quiet week for me, but I know its the quiet before the storm. big test tomorrow to study for. But all I want to do is start planning the san francisco trip, but someone is being incredibly unhelpful. this is one situation where being passive and indecisive does not help. oy vey. that reminds me, I gotta request time off!

I got a message from matthew late last night (which means some time in the day in France?) and I was hit with a big wave of saddness. Being so far apart is not something that I'm unused to with matthew or sonya, but its more extreme in this case. I can't even pick up the phone to call them. and random emails and messages through facebook aren't quite the same, and it makes me feel so sad that I'm missing out on so much of their lives (Sadaf too since I never see her!). it makes it harder when you hear that things arent going so well on that side of the world either. sonya gets back in august (and bringing with her a new love!) and I think matthew somewhere around that time as well, which is exciting. And even though August is still 3+months away, we've already gone through 7 months so the next 12ish weeks should breeze by quickly. I hope so anyway. I miss random trips to borders and sitting in the travel section talking about nothing at all. Or heading out to the beach just because its beautiful out. And having tea. And doing all those things where we took advantage of our time together and the wonderfulness of living in san diego. I miss those times and cant wait to have them again!

but until then, back to studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment