Saturday, April 10, 2010

SPRINKLES: cupcake review

On a recent trip to Sprinkles, Beverly Hills, I ended up with 6 whole cupcakes (of which I ate 5 O.o) and while I had been a fan of Sprinkles' cupcakes prior to the trip, it was solely on the strength of their red velvet cupcake. At the store, I was able to try out new flavors.

waiting outside like a 21 year old trying to get into a downtown club.
but once we were inside, we took the window seats and proceeded to eat our cupcakes in front of the admiring masses.

What I bought (clockwise from bottom left): Black and White, Orange, Red Velvet (x 2), and Brown Sugar Praline (x 2).


black and white: belgian dark chocolate cake with creamy vanilla frosting.
orange: fragrant orange cake with vanilla-orange frosting flecked with zest.
red velvet: southern style light chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.
brown sugar praline: caramel cake with brown sugar frosting, topped with crunchy nut praline.

I have to say, all the cupcakes were delicious. I was particularly fond of the orange cupcake, it was light and a nice alternative to the super rich, super decadent chocolate chocolate chocolate cupcakes. But my favorite was the brown sugar praline. so so divine. I loved the crunchy top and the cake itself was not too sweet. It's a shame that it is a seasonal flavor and is currently not available at the stores.

the necessary companion:
tea of course!

I'm so glad I got a box so that I could taste all the cupcakes on my own time. There's rumor that a Sprinkles is going to open up in downtown SD, but I haven't heard anything definite. Here's hoping. =)

Sprinkles Cupcakes
9635 South Santa Monica Boulevard, Beverly Hills
CA 90210

1 comment:

  1. I can never bring myself to get anything other than the red velevet!!! I'll have to get a box too, sometime

    ReplyDelete